Budget gaming laptops are good to play primitive games, but these mid-range gaming machines will give an additional boost to your gameplay. With little changes in the graphics and a moderate processor can allow you to play intensive PC games without any lagging.
Finding such gem was very tough for us as you can get so many features in laptops under 1000 dollars. But we were looking for some specific motherboard, graphics (GPU) and processor (CPU) which can not only help you to do day-to-day jobs but can be turned into a gaming laptop on your command.
Thanks to Amazon’s wide offering and discount we are able to find some of the monsters on which you can play Warcraft 3, HALO, FIFA, NFS, GTA 5, Destiny 2 and many more at solid frame rates. In case if you are tight on budget, check our on-hand review about gaming laptops under $500 and under $300.
The review of these gaming laptops under $1000 is summarized from buyers/customers reviews and pro gamers feedback. Some of the machines listed below can be compared with top desktops. Without any delays, let’s look into some of the best gaming laptops you can buy under $1000.
- 1 List of Best Gaming Laptops Under $1000 (USD)
- 1.1 1) ASUS FX503VD 15.6” – Powerful Gaming Laptop
- 1.2 2) Acer Predator Helios 300 – Best Value For Money
- 1.3 3) MSI GL62M 7REX-1896US 15.6 – Best Overall
- 1.4 4) Dell Inspiron Gaming Laptop G5587-5859BLK-PUS G5 – Runner Up -Best Overall
- 1.5 5) MSI GL62M 7RDX-1645 Gaming Laptop – Best Storage For Games
- 1.6 6) MSI GV62 8RD-200 – Best Gaming Laptop Under $800
- 1.7 7) ASUS M580VD-EB54 VivoBook 15.6″ FHD Thin Light Gaming Laptop
- 1.8 8) Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6 inch FHD Gaming Laptop Computer
- 1.9 9)
- 1.10 Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (T8TJG): Best for College Students- From Under $800 to Under $1000
- 1.11 10) Acer Aspire VX 15 Best Gaming Laptop For $1000 (Runner Up)
- 1.12 11) Eluktronics N850HP6 Pro Gaming Laptop – Best in Configuration
- 1.13 12) HP Pavilion Power 15-inch Gaming Laptop – Lightweight & Good Battery Life
- 2 What you can get in 1000 Dollars In a Notebook or Laptop
List of Best Gaming Laptops Under $1000 (USD)
1) ASUS FX503VD 15.6” – Powerful Gaming Laptop
- 7Th-generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ quad-core 2.8GHz (Turbo to 3.8GHz) with discrete NVIDIA GeForce...
- Slim 0.9" Profile and lightweight 5.7 lbs body gaming laptop with 15.6" Full HD matte panel
- 128GB M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD for ideal balance of OS drive speeds and storage space, 8GB DDR4 DRAM
Starting our review list with one of the most powerful gaming laptops for 1000 dollars. Asus FX509VD is the ultimate machine you need or say can buy in your budget. All thanks to Intel Core i7-700HQ 4 core processor, your PC game will buffer faster than ever before. With 2.8GHz processing speed, you will be able to install and run heavy games such as Warcraft, GTA 5, Cyrus, NFS Run, FIFA and many more.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB graphics combined with a 15.6-inch wide-view Full HD display will output the best graphics. This allows you to easily push high graphic settings past a stable 60fps on Full HD resolution. All of this is built in a strong chassis that’s only 0.94” thin.
Playing games for hours can easily heat up your laptop, but not in this case. Asus FX503VD has a pair of copper heat pipes along with a dual fan system that keeps the processor cool. You can also optimize cooling by using a boost function in fan which maximizes cooling efficiency.
Storage and boot time issues won’t be a problem anymore, as FX503 employs 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD for storage. The performance is further uplifted by 8GB DDR4 RAM. All of this combined, ASUS FX503VD is one of the best configurations in gaming laptops that you can buy under $1000.
2) Acer Predator Helios 300 – Best Value For Money
- Latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor 2.8GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.8GHz |...
- Latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display, Red Backlit Keyboard
Acer Predator has been one of the most talked gaming laptops. Now you can buy the Helios 300 model for $1000 or less (depends on seller discount). Let me tell you my favorite part in this unit, It is its RAM. 16GB DDR4 RAM is a very powerful tech spec that you ask for in a gaming laptop. With such high disposable Active memory, you can run millions of threads at the same time without freezing your laptop.
To add fuel in your desire to buy a good gaming laptop for 1000 dollars, this machine is powered with the Intel i7-7700HQ processor. It can boost up to 3.2 GHz processing speed enough to handle multiple heavy games at the same time.
The display was something that raised some eyebrows in my reviewer’s team. However, after testing it for several hours and compared color contrast with other FULL HD AMOLED screens, we found that Acer Predator Helios 300 is quite good. It comes with FULL HD IPS display technology.
The latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM allows you to play your favorite games with the best display output. The 1920 x 1080 pixels output maintain high-end graphics visually.
By default under 1000 dollars the Predator comes with 256GB SSD, however, if you can exceed your budget then with a couple of hundreds of dollars you can upgrade that to 500 GB SSD or more. Apart from improving gameplay, SSD actually makes machine processing fast and helps in quick boot time.
Gaming laptops are known for poor battery life, however, Acer Predator Helios 300 can change your perception. You can play games uninterrupted for 7 hours on a full charge.
3) MSI GL62M 7REX-1896US 15.6 – Best Overall
- Display: 15.6" Full HD eDP 1920x1080 | Operating System: Windows 10 . Gb LAN
- Processor: Core i7-7700HQ (2.8 - 3.8 GHz). Visualize key system information so that its clear at a...
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4G GDDR5.AC Adapter:150 W adapter
We just wrote an on-hand review about MSI GS65 Stealth gaming laptop. From our own experience, we know that MSI makes one of the good notebooks in the market that can withstand any level of configuration. Moving on to MSI GL62M-7Rex-1896US, we can vouch that this one is a decent and affordable high-end gaming laptop under 1000 dollars.
This steel series MSI notebook is very lightweight and has a sleek design. The Red-lit keyboard is eye-catching and also gives a sense of owning a premium gaming notebook. Let’s not get swayed away juts from the looks!
MSI has powered this machine with the Intel 4-core i7-7700HQ processor, which is common in the top 3 laptops in this list. Why? because of the ultimate 2.8 GHz processing speed and with the boost it can go up to 3.2 GHz. That is a hell of processing power in a 1000 dollar gaming laptop.
MSI has combined a 15.6 inch Full HD display with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti graphics card. As a result, get an amazing gaming experience visually. It brings out every single pixel the game code has to offer. Such display technology is hard to find in medium-range notebooks.
What else you are getting in this budget? 8GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB M.2 SATA + 1TB (5400RPM), Steel Series Red Backlight with Anti-Ghost key + silver lining and Nahimic 2 Surround Sound System. Nahimic is a very reputed brand for giving a good surround sound output to your game.
4) Dell Inspiron Gaming Laptop G5587-5859BLK-PUS G5 – Runner Up -Best Overall
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5 8300H Processor (quad core, 8MB Cache, up to 3.9 gigahertz w/Turbo...
- 8GB 2666 megahertz DDR4 up to [32GB], (additional memory sold separately)
- 128 GB (SSD) Boot + 1 TB 5400 RPM [SATA] HDD Storage
Dell has always the image of all-purpose laptop mostly loved by college students and on-the-go bloggers and business people. However, with time they know that gamers are a prime market they should not miss. Dell G5587-5859BLK-PUS G5 is another good gaming laptop by dell that you can buy under $1000.
Dell being not so gamers focused the company has pulled out amazing work as we speak. This unit runs on the 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8300H Processor (Quad-Core, 8MB Cache, up to 3.9GHz w/Turbo Boost). In addition to that, with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card, you can play your favorite game on this Dell machine without any problem.
Our team installed some of the PC games such as FIFA, Warcraft, HUGO, Halo 3, and the latest Counter-Strike. The system was able to handle all of them smoothly and during gameplay, it never froze or lagged. All thanks to fast 128GB SSD for the operating system the OS never got frozen.
Don’t worry there is no shortage of storing space, as it comes with an additional 1TB hard disk which can be used to install and store all your games. SSD is only for the operating system to maximize the processing speed. Dell proved themselves on our $1000 gaming laptop test as they included all the latest technology in their machine.
In addition to that, it also features a 15.6 Full HD anti-glare screen that will enhance your gaming experience.
5) MSI GL62M 7RDX-1645 Gaming Laptop – Best Storage For Games
- Display: 15.6" Full HD eDP Vivid Color 94% NTSC 920x1080 | Operating System: Windows 10
- Processor: Latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ (2.8-3.8GHz). Chipset : Intel HM175
- Graphics Card: Latest NVIDIA's Geforce GTX 1050 2G GDDR5 graphics that allow you to game at high...
Static-State Drive or SSD is one of the fastest storage that you can get in your 1000 dollar gaming laptop. MSI GL62M is all about static storage which speeds up your boot time and also supports faster rendering. It comes with 512GB SSD onboard and gives you the flexibility to expand it up to 1TB or more.
Beyond storage, Intel CPU Intel Core i7-7700HQ will give a processing speed of 2.8 GHz normally and when boosted you can expect processing power up to 3.8 GHz. To complement it, you also get the latest NVIDIA’s Geforce GTX 1050 2G GDDR5 graphics that allow you to play PC games at high settings for almost all games.
The true color of your games will be reflected by its 15.6 inches Full HD eDP Vivid Color 94% NTSC at a resolution of 1920 x 1080. GPU by Nvidia supports the display technology so well that you will love this MSI gaming laptop while playing 3D games.
The red color backlit keyboard gives this notebook a premium look. While playing in dark it just looks gorgeous. You will get official Windows 10 pre-installed on SSD itself running on an 8GB DDR4 RAM. We would say that 8GB RAM is a medium level requirement in any gaming laptop, however, with other premium features, MSI has done justice to this notebook under this budget.
Wireless connectivity is not that advanced as it features 802.11.a, however, the entire package under the hood is good when you only have a $1000 budget.
6) MSI GV62 8RD-200 – Best Gaming Laptop Under $800
- Display: 15.6" Full HD EDP IPS-Level | Operating System: Win 10 Multi-language
- Processor: New Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8300H 2.3 - 4.0GHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti 4G GDDR5
You don’t have 1000 dollars?, Don’t worry you can get this MSI gaming laptop under $800. This is another best option for gamers looking for a good machine in this budget. MSI GV62 comes with pre-loaded with 16GB Intel Optane Memory which helps the game buffer to maximize memory utilization.
New Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8300H will enhance your gaming experience as you will see the graphics pop out on 15.6″ Full HD EDP IPS-Level screen. It projects all the pixels and produces optimal color combinations the game has to offer.
MSI GV62 has placed fans strategically that it keeps the motherboard cool and also reduces the heating of the processor. However, Intel’s latest processor does not heat that much but having a cooling fan is an additional bonus. And all of this goodness comes under dollar 800.
Why having an optane memory is beneficial?
The new Intel Optane memory technology learns as it goes to improve loading times on your favorite games and applications. In addition to that, Play game with confidence on ultra settings as you utilize NVIDIA’s cutting edge GTX 1050Ti graphics to enhance your next gaming experience.
7) ASUS M580VD-EB54 VivoBook 15.6″ FHD Thin Light Gaming Laptop
- Powerful 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ quad-core 2.8GHz (Turbo up to 3.8GHz), standard voltage...
- 15.6" Full HD color rich, anti-glare display and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB graphics for flawless...
- 15" wide and 0.8" ultra thin chassis for a portable & slim footprint; Illuminated keyboard;...
Game your way with Nvidia graphics and ultimate slim laptop body. ASUS M580VD is another excellent gaming laptop under $1000 loaded with SSD for fast loading and processing. You can also opt for an HDD version which is cheaper and you can get it under $600.
After the performance, ASUS has made sure to give the best display of 15.6″ Full HD anti-glare screen. Combine it with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB graphics for flawless visuals and portable gaming.
Most budget laptops try to cut production costs by eliminating less used features such as connectivity or by giving out-dated memory. But in our review, we made sure you get the best deal possible. Like all other notebooks in this list, ASUS M580VD has lightning-fast dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi that keeps you connected through any congestion or interference.
Most gaming machines drain out battery power very fast. It is also true in the case of ASUS M580VD, however, it comes with fast charging ability where you can recharge your battery up to 60% capacity in less than 50 minutes.
Each ASUS VivoBook M580VD is milled from high-strength aluminum that undergoes a series of intricate manufacturing processes to achieve its sleek and elegant final form. With a 0.8” profile and an overall weight of 5.1 lbs, the M580VD is portable enough to travel with you wherever you need to go.
Not just for playing computer games, it is perfect for watching movies, creating 4K UHD content, or do your business and college assignments with ease.
8) Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6 inch FHD Gaming Laptop Computer
- GAMING LAPTOP: Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD + 128GB PCIe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce...
- (swapped text with storage text) SUPERFAST SPEED AND STORAGE: The Y520 comes with 128GB of PCIe SSD...
- (added discrete) NEXT GEN GRAPHICS: The Lenovo Legion Y520 Laptop Computer comes with NVIDIA GeForce...
Experience On-the-go gaming with all new Lenovo Legion Y520. This Y520 gaming laptop includes a 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7300HQ Processor and 256GB of PCIe SSD storage to provide the speed and storage you need. However, it also comes with i7 processor and 1TB HDD that will cost you little over $1000 but the performance is worth the price.
In addition to that, it is equipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics, which will let you play your favorite games at your desired frame rate. If your budget is 1000 dollars then Nvidia GeForce series will come in handy while playing top graphic games.
Most gamers like to play games with headphones ON, however, even if you don’t have one then Lenovo Y520 has a great sound system. Y520 comes with 2x2W Harman speakers with Dolby Audio premium to deliver top-quality audio for truly immersive gameplay.
Lenovo has made sure to design Y520 in such a way that it reduces the heating of the processor. The fan strategically placed around smartly built ventilation net in the thin body. It cuts down heat up to 40% more than any other conventional notebook you can buy in this budget.
Like MSI, this Lenovo gaming laptop has a red color backlit keyboard with a metal finish for the ultimate gaming experience. Keystrokes are very responsive and placed at a distance of 1.7 mm which gives enough punching space for your fingers.
In this review of top gaming laptops under $1000, we found that Y520 is very lightweight. It is 1.01″ thick and weighs only 5.5 lbs making it easy to bring this powerful gaming laptop anywhere you go.
Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (T8TJG): Best for College Students- From Under $800 to Under $1000
- 15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED Backlit Display
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad Core 2.50 GHz
- 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive
If you are looking for a good gaming laptop under $800 then Dell Inspiron 15 7567 is one of the best choices. Not just for regular gaming, Dell 7567 is suitable for college students and developers too. Under this budget, you will get the best configuration without compromising the brand warranty or trust.
Let’s talk about the display for a second, it has 15-inch widescreen that can display more than 13.9 million color combinations. In addition to that, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti will give the edge in the display. At decent frame rate, one can play almost every modern game which requires lots of graphics.
This Dell Inspiron 7567 has 256 GB SSD which will enhance your Operating system loading speed and also improves gaming performance. Considering your budget allow you to go around $1000, then buy its upgraded model in which you can get 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD for under $900 and buy the upgrade with 12GB RAM + 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD for less than one thousand dollars($1000).
Why do we call it one of the best laptop for college students who are into gaming?
Apart from the budget, it has all the basic hardware which you might need to run your software needed for developing software or graphics design. No matter if you create HD videos for youtube or you are a software developer, Dell Inspiron 7567 is one of the top gaming laptops under $1000 for college students.
The machine is powered with 7th generation intel i5 processor when boosted it provides 3.5 GHz speed. Isn’t that amazing for a beginner gaming laptop? Yes, it is.
10) Acer Aspire VX 15 Best Gaming Laptop For $1000 (Runner Up)
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor (Up to 3.8GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
Acer Aspire VX15 price keeps on dangling between under one thousand to around $1200. So changing price is one of the major factors this Acer gaming laptop is lower in our review list. If you can manage to spend around $200 more somewhat near 1k then consider this to compete against MSI GL62M 7REX.
Alright then, if price confusion is out of the picture, let’s talk specifications. Acer Aspire X5-591G-75RM runs on the 7th generation Intel Core i7 high-speed processor. Don’t worry it does not heat up, the vents and fans are well adjusted to make sure your laptop doesn’t heat while playing PC games for hours.
The processing speed is boosted by the presence of 256 GB SSD that enables fast loading of game codes and OS. In addition to that, 16 GB DDR4 RAM will remove any confusion what so ever you have about the computer processing speed. It can handle heavy games without heating your machine. At InexpensiveStuff House, we used it personally and can say that it is a powerhouse of fast speed.
Enjoy the new era of in-depth visuals with Acer Aspire X5-591G-75RM. Its 15.6-inch high definition 1920 x 1080 pixel widescreen IPS display will just wow you while gameplay. To maximize the display quality you get NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM.
If looks can kill! This soon-to-be battlefield gaming icon utilizes a hard-edged futuristic design with sleek lines and angles—and an impressive, 15.6” Full HD Display—to put you in total command of all the action.
As mentioned above in this review, forget about your machine to become an oven. Dual-Fan Cooling system integrated inside the sleek design will blow away any heat generated. It keeps the hardware on its optimal performance.
Aspire VX 15 has a “Red Hot Backlit Keyboard” that power through the dark with the Iron-Red backlit keyboard as it illuminates this device’s keyboard keys.
11) Eluktronics N850HP6 Pro Gaming Laptop – Best in Configuration
- 7th Gen Intel Core i7-7700HQ (2.8GHz/3.8GHz) Quad Core Processor, Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
- 6GB GDDR5 VRAM Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics; 8GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM (1 Dimm)
- 15.6" Full HD IPS 60Hz LED Anti-Glare Display (1920 x 1080); 1 HDMI; 2 Mini DisplayPorts; 1 USB 3.1...
Eluktronics is one of the hardware company which builds high tech gaming laptops just like Alienware or MSI. They don’t produce low end or casual notebooks for college students or for regular use. However, You can use Eluktroncis N850HP6 for your assignments but this is a pro gaming laptop you can buy for $1000 with SSD.
It has two models one in 15.6-inch screen size and another with a 17-inch display. We love the point that Eluktronics has taken the next step in the E-sport industry. A large display is always better when you are getting 6GB GDDR5 VRAM Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics.
Nvidia GTX 1060 when combined with 1920X1080 resolution, get ready to experience un-parallel visual effects. Not just that – play in high depth visual games in a room with light as it has anti-glare properties.
Eluktronics N850HP6 comes with 7th Gen Intel Core i7-7700HQ (2.8GHz/3.8GHz) Quad Core Processor. Now combine that amazing processing speed with 8/16 GB memory, you will get the ultimate flawless gaming experience. The entire system runs on a pre-installed 256 GB SSD for ultimate performance. All these features make Eluktronics N850HP6 among one the best 1000 dollar gaming laptop available in the market.
12) HP Pavilion Power 15-inch Gaming Laptop – Lightweight & Good Battery Life
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ Processor, Quad-Core, 2.8GHz up to 3.8GHz;...
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 550 with 2 GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics and 8134 MB total graphics memory;...
- Display: 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD (1920x1080) IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit; Enjoy vibrant,...
This HP notebook is good for casual gaming and regular uses. We highly suggest that if you are a college student, buy this one as it will not cost you much and fulfills your gaming urges. Before we dive into the specification, let us tell you that this notebook has a battery backup of 10 hours. Yes, you can play or use this machine for 10 hours straight in one full charge.
Powered with 7th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ Processor that clocks 2.8GHz-3.8 GHz processing speed. Powerful performance keeps up with your multitasking demands and enables new ways to interact with your PC. However, to play your favorite games you must have a dedicated graphics card for a flawless experience.
It has AMD Radeon RX 550 which is more than enough GPU power you need for a pro or casual gaming. Experience the power of discrete graphics, featuring Polaris architecture and DirectX 12 performance. It will complement the effects and outcomes of Full HD 15.6 inch display which HP is offering you in this model.
The laptop is designed to run more efficiently and more reliably at faster speeds. Thanks to 12GB DDR4 SDRAM memory you will get optimal output. As we said that it is good for college or school students, we know the large storage space you need. This HP laptop will give you 1 TB of HDD, plenty for storing and installing your Pc games, music videos, movies and more.
What you can get in 1000 Dollars In a Notebook or Laptop
Buying the perfect notebook for gaming can be tough when you are bound by some budget. If you have $1000 at your disposal which you can spend on buying a gaming laptop then there is good news for you. Yes! you won’t be able to buy the ultimate gaming machine, but yes $1000 gaming laptops are decent enough to let you play advance games at good frame rates.
Or simply think How To Build a Gaming Laptop For Under 1000 dollars?
Assume that you can build a laptop and you have been given one thousand dollars to make it happen. However, you have to make sure that you can play most of the modern high-end computer games without any freezing.
So what configuration you can buy in $1000 or less?
Things you can get under $1000 in a Laptop:
- Never settle for anything less than the i5 intel processor in that budget. Even to play common names in the gaming world, you will need to have some processing power in your machine. It is important to run the core algorithms which help graphics card to blow your mind with a perfect display.
- Always look for an additional graphic card. Integrated Intel GPU is good for basic gaming but it won’t be able to handle a high frame rate. High-quality GPU is very important for the perfect experience. You can look for the Nvidia G-series graphics card in this budget.
- Temporary memory is very important for buffering application thread. RAM will be one of the vital parts of any good gaming laptop for $1000. Consider 4GB DDR4 as a starting point in this area. However, you will easily get 8GB DDR4 or higher RAM in this budget.
- Now you have a good graphics engine but it will be useless if you don’t have a high-resolution screen. Most 15.6 inch laptops come with 1920 x 1080 resolution nowadays. With right frame rates, you can experience game visuals similar to that of 4K display.
- Try to buy a gaming laptop with SSD if you have a $1000 budget. You can easily get some good performance notebooks with 256 GB SSD for 1000 dollars. However, HDD is also good, with SSD you will get fast boot time and probably better frame configuration. If you are going for HDD then always look for 1TB or higher.
So now you know what are the great laptops under $1000 for gaming. You can use them for your professional work, take them to college, use for video editing, or more.