After going through a plethora of digital display systems, we have found these 10 units to be the best computer monitors under $100. They fit perfectly in your budget of $50-$100 range and can be used for budget gaming and home use.
Like every other techie person, we all are interested in buying the best high-resolution monitors to enjoy the excellent viewing experience.
Let me make it very clear at the beginning of this review, that obviously you are getting your hands on high-end gaming or computer monitors under $100, however, this review comprises some of the best value monitors and half of them are 1080p monitor.
All of them are super easy to connect and will work fine for the majority of the user.
- 1 What is a Computer Monitor?
- 2 Cheapest Computer Monitors Under $100
- 2.1 1) HP Pavilion 22CWA – 21.5-Inch IPS LED Screen
- 2.2 2) ASUS VS228H-P Full HD 1920×1080 LCD Monitor
- 2.3 3) Acer R221Q bid (1920 x 1080) Display – (VGA, DVI & HDMI Ports)
- 2.4 4) Acer SB220Q bi – Ultra-Thin Zero Frame Monitor (HDMI & VGA port)
- 2.5 5) HP 23er 23-inch Full HD (1920 X 1080) IPS LED Backlit Zero Bezel Monitor
- 2.6 6) Sceptre E205W-16003R 20″ Ultra Thin Frameless LED Monitor
- 2.7 7) AOC E1659Fwu Ultra Slim USB 3.0-Powered Portable LED Monitor w/ Case
- 2.8 8) BenQ GW2280 – Optimized for Home & Office with Adaptive Brightness Technology
- 2.9 9) Dell E Series 23-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor (Dell E2318Hx)
- 2.10 10) AOC 24B1H 24″ Full HD 1920×1080 Monitor – 3-Sided Frameless, VA Panel
- 3 How to Connect the Monitor with Your Computer?
- 4 Conclusion – Buying Inexpensive Monitors
What is a Computer Monitor?
A monitor is a computer output device that presents binary computer information in pictorial form on the digital display. It generally comprises the display unit, casing, power supply, circuitry, and chipset for special shutter computing purposes.
The computer monitors are generally bought on the basis of screen resolution such as 720p, 1080p, 2k, 4k, or even 8k. Apart from that display technology plays an important role such as LED display, LCD display, OLED, and OMLED monitors(1).
Do you need gaming monitors?
A gaming monitor is nothing but your regular computer monitor with some extra basic features such as high resolution, better shutter rate, and optimal emitting lights to make your life much easier.
Cheapest Computer Monitors Under $100
A budget of $100 is sufficient for a user who wants to use the monitor for light gaming, regular office use, and to run lightweight imaging software.
After analyzing some of the major features of a good monitor such as its screen size, shutter rate, display technology, refresh rate, resolution(720p, 1080p, 2k, 4k, or 8k), and input/output ports, here are the top 10 best monitors under $100.
1) HP Pavilion 22CWA – 21.5-Inch IPS LED Screen
This mercury-free, arsenic-free LED-backlit computer monitor is the best you can get under 100 dollars of budget. Thanks to the low halogen design and VGA, HDMI, and HDCP support it is super easy to connect and save you some electricity bill too.
It features a Full-HD ((1920×1080) screen resolution which makes it ideal for gaming and regular home use. With a sleek design and ultra-thin profile, this 1080p monitor looks stylish enough to show off. For a price less than $100, it gives a 178-degree viewing angle so that you can view vibrant details from practically any direction or position.
- Resolution & panel — 21.5-inch full HD monitor (1920 x 1080p @ 60 Hz) with 16:9 aspect ratio and...
- Response time — 7ms with overdrive and vivid color scheme for a smooth picture that looks crisp...
- Adjustable viewing — Adjustable tilt (-5° to 25°) with 178° positional viewing for the best...
2) ASUS VS228H-P Full HD 1920×1080 LCD Monitor
This high resolution 1080p 21.5-inch monitor features great video intelligence technology to optimize the display performance and image. It works on color enhancement, maintains optimal brightness, contrast, and sharpness.
Thanks to the 50,000,000:1 ASUS smart contrast ratio, this LCD Back-Lit smart monitor is capable of delivering lifelike images. With Full HD 1080p support, the VS228H-P is optimized for the finest image and color quality to let you enjoy your NETFLIX shoes or gives an excellent gaming experience. All of this goodness comes under $100 price tag.
- Slim Design 21.5 inch Full HD Wide Screen LED display and Quick 5 ms response time delivering smooth...
- Aspect Control function allows users to select a preferred display mode among full and 4:3 for true...
- Smart View Technology can adjust color parameters to deliver the same image quality and colors with...
3) Acer R221Q bid (1920 x 1080) Display – (VGA, DVI & HDMI Ports)
Acer is one of the leading Computer Accessory brands to make the best affordable monitors. Its popular R221Q is another excellent 21.5 inches Full HD display system that supports VGA, DVI, and HDMI ports.
The sleek Zero Fram design creates a unique visual experience. And thanks to the display without boundaries it is ideal for building video walls with 2 or more monitors side-by-side and all of it under $100. Having screen sidewalls is great for gaming, commercial purpose, or for excellent for graphic designers.
- 21. 5" Full HD IPS Widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Response Time: 4ms
- Pixel Pitch: 0. 248 millimeter
4) Acer SB220Q bi – Ultra-Thin Zero Frame Monitor (HDMI & VGA port)
The SB220Q bi is another excellent high-resolution 1080p monitor from Acer at an affordable price. It also features a tilt angle of -5 degree to 15 degrees and has a 178-degree horizontal viewing angle for an ultimate experience.
This 21.5-inch LCD provides excellent detail with a stunning 1920 x 1080 resolution, making it perfect for HD productivity and multimedia applications. With an aspect ratio of 16: 9 and 16.7 million supported color be assured that this is one of the best monitors you are going to buy under $100.
- 21.5 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
- And Radeon free sync technology. No compatibility for VESA Mount
- Refresh rate: 75 hertz - Using HDMI port
5) HP 23er 23-inch Full HD (1920 X 1080) IPS LED Backlit Zero Bezel Monitor
On a discount deal, you can get this 23 inch HP monitor under $100, otherwise, it might cost you a slightly higher price if it is not on discounted price.
HP gives you easy to setup user-preferred settings with OSD which is integrated with HP display software. And what I like most about this 23-inch screen system is that they are Plug-n-Play for all OS (operating system).
And if your gaming platform or home office is located in a tight place then be happy because HP23ER is ultraslim, with just 6.3 mm thickness it is a great slim monitor under $100.
- Thin & lightweight — HP’s thinnest LCD display to date with a sleek, lightweight design for easy...
- Resolution & panel — 23-inch full HD monitor (1920 x 1080p @ 60 hertz) with 16:9 aspect ratio and...
- Bezel-less frame — A frameless ultra-widescreen provides a seamless multi-monitor set-up with...
6) Sceptre E205W-16003R 20″ Ultra Thin Frameless LED Monitor
If you are looking for a monitor with a built-in speaker under $100 then Spectre E205W is the best choice for you. With 2xHDMI ports (convertible to DVI), 5 ms of response time, and a refresh rate up to 75 Hz, Spectre e205W the best value display system.
Integrated speakers are something above value for such an inexpensive monitor. Though they are not too loud, they are very clear. Talking about the display again, it has very good standard color saturation – not washed out at all. The pre-settings are very much likable so if you are not a techie persona leave the settings as it is.
- 20" Led HD+ monitor high resolution 1600 x 900
- 2 x HDMI ports ( convertible to DVI )
- Fast response time 5ms. Dimensions - With Stand (Inches)- 18.01 x 7.02 x13.57 .Without Stand...
7) AOC E1659Fwu Ultra Slim USB 3.0-Powered Portable LED Monitor w/ Case
If you are looking for a small size monitor then go for AOC e1659Fwu. It has standard 1366X768 resolution, 16:9 ratio, and supports 200 cd/M2 Brightness.
Connectivity is quite an important part of any great monitor and AOC E1659Fwu features a USB 3.0 port for you to easily connect this LED monitor with your computer or other OS operated devices.
It features a foldable Flexi-stand for landscape or portrait view in auto-pivot mode. Its small display size makes it ideal for business presentations, portable laptops, and for frequent travelers.
- 16" (15. 6" Viewable) Display, 200 cd/M2 Brightness, 16: 9 aspect ratio. Max Resolution 1366 x 768,...
- Multiple USB monitors can be simultaneously connected to a single laptop to function as a...
- Usb-powered (no power cable required) with USB 3. 0 technology.
8) BenQ GW2280 – Optimized for Home & Office with Adaptive Brightness Technology
Are you someone who spends more than 5 hours straight in front of your computer screen? if yes then you must think about the health of your eye. The BenQ GW2280 is a high-resolution 1920 X 1080p monitor with eye care technology.
Engineered for home office and leisure use, experience the comfortable settings of low blue light and zero flicker technology for ultimate Eye comfort.
BenQ GW2280 comes with self-adjusting brightness to relieve eye-strain. It adjusts according to on-screen content and ambient light conditions with the help of BenQ’s patented brightness intelligence technology.
- Engineered for home office and leisure: 22” Full HD VA widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution and...
- Wide viewing angle: 178° H/V wide viewing angles for Clarity from any Viewpoint. Os compatibility-...
- Edge to edge slim bezel design: minimize distractions and create virtually seamless multi-panel...
9) Dell E Series 23-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor (Dell E2318Hx)
We love the Dell Laptops and desktops, thanks to their superior product quality and nationwide support, Dell had made trust in their brand. Dell E2318Hx is an excellent affordable LED monitor under $100.
This 23-inch screen is flexible to configure with Dell mounts and stand options for evolving home office requirements. The 23-inch Full HD screen is optimized for ultimate eye comfort with a flicker-free screen and minimizes blue light emission.
- Affordable and reliable 23” IPS monitor with wide viewing angle and essential features that drive...
- Get consistent colors across a wide viewing angle, enabled by In-plane switching technology on a...
- Optimize eye comfort with a flicker-free screen and comfort view feature which minimizes blue light...
10) AOC 24B1H 24″ Full HD 1920×1080 Monitor – 3-Sided Frameless, VA Panel
The 24B1H is a great 24-inch monitor that you can buy for less than $100. AOC has incorporated 3-sided frameless design while keeping it ultra-slim bezels.
It supports HDMI 1.4 and VGA inputs with built-in earphone output. It was a nice surprise to know that this affordable monitor comes with the Kensington slot included for added security.
AOC is trying to introduce a new entry series monitor with sleek designs and Clear FULL HD imagery with easy to use features to make everyday computing and gaming a delighted experience.
- 24-Inch (23. 6" Viewable) Full HD 1920x1080 LED monitor
- Va panel for wide viewing angles and vivid imagery
- 20, 000, 000: 1 Smart contrast ratio
How to Connect the Monitor with Your Computer?
Modern crystal display or LED monitors gives you the flexibility of connectivity. As you can connect them with your computer in so many ways. Some of the most common ways to connect your monitor with a computer are through VGA, HDMI, Digital Visual Interface(DVI), ThunderPort, DisplayPort, Low-Voltage differential signaling (LVDS) or other specific connectors and signals(2).
If you are a freelancer then you might want to take a look at our review of the top 10 printers under $100.
Conclusion – Buying Inexpensive Monitors
While writing the best monitor under $100 review, we focused on features such as screen resolution, screen size, display technology, panel technology, refresh rate, response time and lastly the Input and output ports while ranking the monitors.
So if you are looking for a budget-friendly monitor under $100 then our list will serve the purpose to the point. You find some really excellent 1080p display units to support your graphic need while playing games or using designing software.
If you are making a smart buy from Inexpensive Stuff, then be assured that all of the above-listed units will provide the majority of essential features under $100 that you might get in higher-end display units.
Now you read our review on best monitors under $100, then go ahead buy them for through away prices and do let us know your experience.