Most home theaters are installed with the best of 4k projectors available in the market. Why? watching movies or playing video games in a display resolution of approximately 4,000 pixels gives you crystal-clear images.
Though there are some good 4k projectors available in the market, they might cost you in the range of $5000-$10,000 dollars. But don’t worry, InexpensiveStuff has curated and reviewed some of the best 4k projectors under 2000 dollars only.
Do you love watching movies? then you are Cinephiles and don’t listen to non-cinephiles about the myths of installing a projection system at home.
Today you are going to find some of the great-looking projectors without breaking the bank. In this review,
So it does not matter if you are buying it for your home cinema set-up or wanting to enjoy high-end graphics video games, you won’t be limited to classic 75-inch TV sets anymore.
- 1 What is 4k Technology?
- 2 What is 4K Projecting System?
- 3 Cheapest 4K Projectors for Home Theater and Gaming 2020
- 3.1 1) Optoma UHD60 True 4K UHD Projector
- 3.2 2) Epson Home Cinema 4010 4K PRO-UHD with HDR
- 3.3 3) BenQ TK800 4K UHD Home Theater Projector with HDR
- 3.4 4) Optoma HD27HDR 1080p 4K HDR Ready Projector Under $1000
- 3.5 5) ViewSonic 4K PX747 Features Dual HDMI for Home Theater Day and Night
- 3.6 6) BenQ HT3550 4K Home Theater Projector with HDR10 and HLG
- 3.7 7) LG HU70LA 4K UHD Smart Home Theater – Supports Google Assistant
- 4 Conclusion: Buying Inexpensive 4K Ready Projection System
What is 4k Technology?
The term “4K” is now very popular among cinematics and pro-gamers because of the revolution in display technology across the platform. It becomes much popular after TV started offering 4K UHD resolutions.
Technically the ability to put approx. 4,000 pixels (horizontally) in one frame is called 4k technology. There are two display versions of it, 3,840 pixels by 2,160 – a slightly smaller resolution and 4,096 x 2,160 pixels – the best resolution.
Nowadays, the most popular home theater system and gaming console support such high resolution. Sony’s PlayStation 4 Pro, Microsoft’s Xbox One X, and etc support 4k gaming display(1).
What is 4K Projecting System?
The ability of a device to project images and videos in 4,000 pixels, mainly in 4,096 x 2,160 pixels or 3,840 x 2,160 pixels, is called 4K projector(2).
If you have been watching movies in Full HD resolution then, at the most basic, a 4K and Ultra HD are four times better in clarity and display color pixel density.
Even at the basic 4K resolution 3,840 x 2,160, it gives a total of 8,294,400 pixels. Generally, the more pixels your projector can display on your wall the more details the picture contains.
Cheapest 4K Projectors for Home Theater and Gaming 2020
If you are bound by a tight budget but don’t want to compromise on picture clarity, then buying a cheap projector with 4k resolution will be a wise decision.
With these units, enjoy the reliability and affordable price for years to come. They fit perfectly in your HDR home theaters and gaming room for the ulmate visual paradise.
1) Optoma UHD60 True 4K UHD Projector
- TRUE 4K ULTRA HD: Experience premium, high-quality home cinema feel with 8.3 million distinct...
- 4X THE PIXELS OF 1080p: See more detail with 4 times the pixels of your 1080p HDTV; higher...
- ULTRA-BRIGHT: With 3,000 lumens, the UHD60 is bright enough in any room in the house, whether in a...
After reviewing UHD60, we can say that this Optoma unit is one of the best 4K UHD DLP chipset projector that you can buy for less than 2000 dollars.
With advance HDR10 technology with DCI-P3 improved color gamut support, you will get all the projection in the REC.2020 colors with super brighter whites and deeper blacks to make sure a greater color depth.
The 4K chip is powered by an image smoothing lamp featuring a high contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1 that will take your Ultra HD experience to the next level.
Thanks to its superior lamp quality that gives up to 15,000 hours of lamp life, as a result, you can use this projector 4 hours every day for the next 10+ years to come.
Enjoy vivid color combination due to 3000 lumens and 8.3 million distinct on-screen pixel, powered by a DLP chipset.
2) Epson Home Cinema 4010 4K PRO-UHD with HDR
- TRUE 3 CHIP PROJECTOR DESIGN – Advanced 3LCD technology displays 100% of the RGB color signal for...
- 4K RESOLUTION PROCESSING – Advanced pixel shifting technology precisely controls three individual...
- HDR PROCESSING – Full 10 bit HDR (3) color processing accepting 100% of the HDR source information...
Are you renovating your home and want to give the best cinema experience to your guests? then this Epson 4010p PRO-UHD 4k home theater projector is what you need.
Great projection system like this one, is capable of advanced pixel-shifting technology that controls 3-LCD chips to process millions of pixels to give you an exception sharp 4k visual experience.
The Epson home cinema 4010 is a new type of projector that uses advanced processing technology. As a result, you get a better resolution enhancement and vivid color spread.
Outstanding brightness, DCI P3 (4) color space, Advanced 3LCD technology, Full 10 bit HDR (3) color processing, Realtime 12 bit analog to digital video processing, and Epson precision lamp makes it the best 4k projector for home theater.
3) BenQ TK800 4K UHD Home Theater Projector with HDR
- TRUE 4K UHD RESOLUTION: True 8. 3 million pixels deliver awe-inspiring 4K UHD image quality with...
- VIVID COLORS IN ANY AMBIENT LIGHTING: Perfectly balanced high visual brightness (> 3000lm) and vivid...
- HYPER-REALISTIC HDR10 QUALITY: BenQ projector-optimized HDR features natural Auto HDR color and tone...
This superior BenQ TK800 is a great choice for those who want a solid, no-frills projector that supports 4k resolution and HDR media.
Most people buy TK800 because it uses XPR technology tp support faux-4k where it takes a 1920×1080 pixel DLP chip and enhances the media (image/video) four times in a rapid succession manner producing over eight million pixels.
BenQ TK800 comes with an extra surprise feature, it supports 3D content in 1080p 24Hz and 1080p 60Hz. Being the number one DLP brand it uses 0.47″ single DMD-chip, the 4k-Optimized optical system produces ultimate precision visuals for your home theater.
Like any other great 4k home theater projector, BenQ TK800 has five customized picture modes to choose from including football, Sport, Bright, Vivid TV, and Cinema mode.
4) Optoma HD27HDR 1080p 4K HDR Ready Projector Under $1000
- LAG-FREE GAMING: Experience lightning-fast 1080p input response times of 16ms at 60Hz and 8.4ms at...
- SUPER-BRIGHT: Enjoy an incredible 3,400 lumens of brightness in any room in your home theater or...
- 1080p HDR AND 4K HDR support: HDR10 technology with DCI-P3 wide color gamut support displays...
It is an excellent 4K HDR projector that renders a sharp and detailed image from HD content sources and projects it without downscaling, compressing, or disturbing the clarity.
This easy to install home projector has DCI-P3 wide color gamut support and superior brightness at 3,400 lumens. Such modes provide brighter white and deeper blacks for a vivid color depth in every image it displays.
Super fast response time, 8.4ms @ 120Hz and 16ms @ 60Hz produce latent free video experience. So if you are someone looking a great gaming projector, then such fast response time is what you need.
5) ViewSonic 4K PX747 Features Dual HDMI for Home Theater Day and Night
- BIG SCREEN HOME THEATER: Immersive cinema-like experience in 4K UHD (3840x2160p), 4X the clarity of...
- HIGH BRIGHTNESS: This home theater projector delivers stunning home entertainment around the clock,...
- HDR CONTENT SUPPORT: With the ability to decode HDR video signals, this projector delivers...
ViewSonic PX747 is known for being a popular budget 4K projector capable of projecting the high-resolution images on up to 300 inches widescreen.
I personally like it because of its long lamp life of 15,000 hours and flexible connectivity. With the help of HDMI1.4 with HDCP 1.4, HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2, USB, etc, you can connect it with most of the media players, PCs, MACs, gaming consoles, and Mobile devices.
4X the clarity of Full HD and 1-year company backed warranty makes it an excellent buy for people searching for a cheap projector.
6) BenQ HT3550 4K Home Theater Projector with HDR10 and HLG
- TRUE 4K PROJECTOR: 3840 × 2160 or 8.3 million Individual Pixels give incredible clarity and...
- CINEMATIC COLOR TECHNOLOGY: our out-of-the-box factory calibrated color accurate projector with...
- HDR-PRO TONE MAPPING: Designed to provide greater contrast, which makes sure that your 4K content is...
Do you love an amazing cinema experience, then you are going to enjoy this popular cinematic color technology featuring a single-chip DLP projector from BenQ.
The BenQ HT3550 uses the DLP technology which is used in 90% of the leading world’s cinemas and 100% of digital IMAX theaters. Just imagine that at 4K resolution you will be able to enjoy IMAX like experience at home.
HDR-Pro tone mapping combined with a 10-element lens array, the specialized all-glass lens makes HT3550 an amazing color-accurate projector under 2000 dollars.
7) LG HU70LA 4K UHD Smart Home Theater – Supports Google Assistant
- 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160)
- Up to 140 inch screen
- Alexa Built-In
You can transform your home theater room with a high-quality projection screen of size 140 inches to display 4K UHD resolution that is crisp, bright, and vivid.
The LD HU70LA produces an incredible 8.3 million pixels (3840 X 2160) by enabling XPR technology. This CineBeam projector uses RGB sperate primary colors and generates a vivid picture without causing any color loss.
LG CineBeam is capable of expressing 4 times the resolution of regular FULL HD. Now it has become more powerful with AI ThinQ that let you use this great 4k projector with Google Assistant.
Google Assitant let you control the smart devices like LG HU70LA with your voice command.
However, if you think that 2000 dollars are not something you will be able to spend on a projection device then you should buy feature-rich projectors under $500. or affordable computer monitors under $100.
Conclusion: Buying Inexpensive 4K Ready Projection System
A huge demand for 4k resolution projectors has made it affordable otherwise, just a few years back you can just dream of buying a good 4k projector under 2000 dollars.
After a 1080p surge, it is now the time people are looking to enjoy exceptional picture clarity. Thanks to the competition among great projector brands to fulfill the demand, mass production has helped bring down the price of high-end 4k UHD projectors.
When compared to the cheap projection system, putting 2000 dollars in a projector might seems a lot, but actually it pays off well. Cheap units tend to malfunction in only 1-2 years of use and on the other hand, high-quality projectors last for years hanging from your ceiling.