Digital video games are addictive no matter what is your age. Money is the main problem among beginner gamers. Not everyone can afford a high-end laptop to play their favorite games. However, there are some amazing products out there in the market which you can buy for under $300. Yes, you may not be able to play the pro-graphics games, but they will be able to run all types of modern games.
Gaming industry has been growing for the last two decades. And in 2015-2017, this industry collected more than $40 billion in revenue through online gaming and by selling their copies. And in 2018-2019, it has collected a revenue close to $120 Billion(1).
Keeping our minds and thoughts together, we reviewed some of the best low-cost gaming laptops that you can buy today. They are effective and provides an amazing gaming experience.
But you have to understand that, you can not buy every component of this industry under $300. However, we tried our best to compile a list of top-rated gaming laptops which is affordable and gives you amazing game-play experience.
You must set your graphics preferences to the minimum while using them. The old version of modern games may run at high graphic settings. So make sure to adjust it setting before installing or downloading a game.
- 1 Best Gaming Laptops Under $300 – Top Rated
- 1.1 1) Lenovo IdeaPad 110-15 15.6 Inch HD Display
- 1.2 2) HP 15T – 15.6 Inch Laptop
- 1.3 3) DELL I3565-A453BLK-PUS – Cheapest 15.6-inch Dell Gaming Laptop
- 1.4 4) Lenovo IdeaPad 320 15.6 – Laptop with 3x Faster WiFi
- 1.5 5) HP 14-inch Laptop, AMD Dual-Core E2-9000e, 4GB RAM
- 1.6 6) Acer SP111-31N-C4UG Spin 1, 11.6 Inch – Full HD Touch Laptop
- 1.7 7. HP 4FA47UA#ABA Stream 14 Inch
- 1.8 8) ASUS HM-X541NA-PD1003Y-V1 2017 VivoBook 15.6 Inch
- 2 Wrap Up:
Best Gaming Laptops Under $300 – Top Rated
1) Lenovo IdeaPad 110-15 15.6 Inch HD Display
- Quad Core AMD A6-7310 APU (2 GHz, turbo boost up to 2.4 GHz, 2 MB cache), 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM memory,...
- 15.6" diagonal HD (1366 x 768) SVA BrightView WLED-backlit display; Integrated AMD Radeon R4...
- Multi-format SD media card reader, VGA webcam (front-facing) with integrated digital microphone, DTS...
A fast processor is one of the major factors which contributes to the amazing gaming experience. Lenovo IdeaPad 110-15 is powered with AMD A6-7310 accelerated processor that can run up to 2.0 GHz speed. It is an optimal speed for any good gaming laptops.
Lenovo is known for building high-end machine and as usual, the body is built of plastic. Hence, it is durable but not shockproof. So don’t try throwing it around for shock testing.
4 GB RAM is enough to run games like vice city, halo, Warcraft 3, counter strike and many more. However, you will have to calibrate your laptop to a minimal graphics setting. AMD Radeon R4 graphic card will give its HD display a boost which enhances your experience.
It comes with a 15.6 Inch screen big enough to help you look better during game-play hours. You can store as many pc games as you like because Lenovo 110-15 comes with 500 GB HDD. You can get this amazing specification in one Lenovo body for under $300.
- Top CPU Performance
- Big Screen Size plus HD display
- Large storage space
- Radeon R4 GPU
- High-end graphics experience
- Energy-efficient LED backlight
- Under budget (good affordability)
- Only 1 USB 3.0 port
- Heavy: Weights 4.85 Lbs
2) HP 15T – 15.6 Inch Laptop
- 15.6" display, 500GB Hard Drive for data storage, 4GB DDR4-1866 SDRAM Memory, Windows 10, Webcam.
- AMD Dual-Core A6-9220 APU processor (2.5 GHz base frequency, up to 2.9 GHz burst frequency, 1 MB...
- DVD-Writer: reads and writes CDs and DVDs, Full-size island-style keyboard with integrated numeric...
LAN gaming has been popular for more than a decade now. With an in-built webcam and high-end processor, you can play your favorite games such as counter-strike, NFS(Need for Speed) and many others without any hanging issues.
Connectivity is very important for any gaming laptop as you will be transferring large game files. Thanks to its 3.1 USB port large data transfer will go smooth.
Having said that, no old-style processor can handle the gameplay of new and modern games. So HP has offered you 2.9 GHz speed AMD Dual-Core A6-9220. With boost settings, you can run any type of pc game if the graphics can support it.
Talking about graphics, this HP machine is equipped with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics that enables the high-end performance of its GPU. And to support that you will have 4 GB RAM at your disposal to run any games as you like.
We played HALO on this at low graphics setting. After 2 hours of playing HALO 3, the laptops produced little heating, however, it never got stuck or never lagged for a second.
- Very High-Speed CPU (Boost up-to 2.9 GHz)
- Supper AMD GPU
- Powerful RAM(DDR4) with good Cache memory
- LED display technology
- Comes with all data transfer ports
- Good Storage capacity
- Value for money product under $300
- Heating issue when played more than 2 hours
- Integrated graphics
3) DELL I3565-A453BLK-PUS – Cheapest 15.6-inch Dell Gaming Laptop
- 7th Gen. AMD Dual-Core A6-9220 Processor 2.0 GHz, up to 2.80 GHz. Integrated AMD Radeon R4 Graphics
- 4 GB DDR4L SDRAM Memory, 500 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive, DVD-RW Burner
- 15.6" diagonal HD (1366 x 768) WLED-backlit display; Webcam, MaxxAudio
We all know that DELL XPS is one of the best in the best gaming laptop in the market. However, everyone can not afford that. So is there any other alternative that you use to play high-end games?
DELL I3565-A453BLK-Plus is an amazing gaming laptop that you can buy under $300.
It comes with 7th Gen AMD Dual-Core A6 Processor which will give you the flexibility to run games without hanging your laptop.
The processor can rack up-to 2.80 GHz speed when boosted. Beyond that AMD GPU will support all the heavy display work. This DELL machine is powered with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics.
DELL I3565-A453BLK-PUS has adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications.
If you are a noisy person who likes to play games on a speaker, then you are going to love it. It has built-in MaxxAudio stereo speakers with surrounding sound effect.
In addition to that, there is no shortage of storage space here, you will be given 500 GB of free space to store all your games.
- Large LCD display
- A top-performing processor in its class
- Good RAM memory for optimal thread support
- USB 3.0 ports for fast data transfer
- Pre-installed windows save some more money
- Heating issue after 3-4 hours of gameplay
- A little heavy on weight
4) Lenovo IdeaPad 320 15.6 – Laptop with 3x Faster WiFi
- Intel Celeron N3350 dual-core processor 1.10GHz (with Max Turbo Speed of 2.40GHz)
- 15.6" display LED Backlight, HD Anti-Glare Display (1366 x 768) with Intel HD Graphics 500, HD...
- 10/100Base-T Fast Ethernet, 802.11ac Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.1, 1 x DC-in port
While most budget 15.6 inch laptops are costly, this Lenovo machine is affordable and high performing. It has sturdy plastic construction which can handle regular daily life pressure with ease.
Lenovo IdeaPad 320 can run up to 6 hours with mix uses and on gaming mode, you can expect its battery to live up to 3-4 hours. The machine is running on Intel Celeron Dual Core N3350 Processor that can effectively handle multitasking.
However, the processor is considered to be top-rated in its class as it can deliver up to 2.40 GHz of speed. At that high performance, you will be able to play games like counter strike, HALO, FIFA, and Age of Empire 2. The Intel GPU will be able to handle all the rush and efficiently manage the RAM utilization.
Talking about RAM, Lenovo IdeaPad 320 comes with 4 GB RAM which can be extended up to 16 GB in the future. When flocked over cache and boosted this RAM can support 2.9 GHz speed of Intel processor for the best gaming experience.
Connectivity is not an issue here as you will get HDMI port, Ethernet cable port, and USB 3 female units. Use them to store or install your favorite games as many as you like because it is not going out of memory. Thanks to 1 TB storage capacity, you will possibly not run out of memory anymore.
- Powerful latest Intel processor
- Good storage space
- Updated RAM technology
- High-Definition resolution on a brilliant 15.6-inch display
- Top-performing latest RAM
- Sleek Design
- Anti-Glare Display (1366 x 768)
- Best Deal under $300
- Integrated Intel Graphics
- Slow on the base speakers
5) HP 14-inch Laptop, AMD Dual-Core E2-9000e, 4GB RAM
- Processor: AMD Dual-Core E2-9000e, 1.5GHz up to 2GHz; This 7th generation APU delivers efficient...
- Display: 14.0-inch diagonal HD (1366x768) SVA BrightView WLED-backlit; Enjoy your entertainment with...
- Memory: 4GB DDR4 SDRAM; Designed to run more efficiently and more reliably at faster speeds.
Running multimedia apps on a laptop is nowadays very necessary. HP is one of the biggest players in the cheap gaming laptop market. However, it does not mean they produce a low-quality machine.
HP has learned the way to reduce the production cost, that is why you can get this high processing chipset notebook for under $300 right now.
It is a 14-inch display equipped with a Dual-Core E2-9000e processor. The built-in multimedia graphics card is capable to run games without hanging.
Thanks to DDR3 4 GB RAM, you can play Need For Speed, Contract Combat, Mortal Combat, Warcraft 1, 2, and 3 without any lags.
When in gaming mode its battery can run up to 3 hours and mixed uses can give you 6 hours of battery backup. Overall it is one of the best affordable gaming laptops for students.
The AMD process delivers reliable performance that you trust. 500 GB of storage space enables you to play more pc games.
- 2.5 GHz AMD processor
- Very good quality screen
- Rich HD display
- Sloping keyboard for better user experience
- Good battery backup for a starter gaming laptop
- Integrated graphics
- No backlit keyboard
- No DVD writer
6) Acer SP111-31N-C4UG Spin 1, 11.6 Inch – Full HD Touch Laptop
- Intel Celeron N3350 Dual-Core Processor (Up to 2.4GHz)
- 11.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Multi-touch widescreen LED-backlit IPS display
- 4GB DDR3L Memory & 32GB Internal Storage
What if you can play games on a compact and read from Flashdrive notebook?
Yes, that is possible, Acer SP111-31N-C4UG is flexible yoga style notebook on which you can play top-level games without any problem.
It is powered with Intel Celeron N3350 which is a dual-core processor enabling your system to run up to 2.4GHz. At the high-end processing speed, you can play WarCraft III, Diablo II and the older Call of Duty games.
Acer has produced it with a built-in touch screen and it can be used as a console while playing touch screen games.
Our only concern is its screen size as it comes with an 11.6-inch display. However, that display is Full HD and combined with integrated graphics card results into quality gaming time.
The internal storage is very low at only 32 GB out of which most of it is consumed by the operating system.
- Touch screen
- Long battery life
- Conservatively fast processing
- Modest RAM for such small notebook
- High-resolution screen
- 360 degrees display
- Flexible design makes it look attractive
- Low storage capacity
- Large graphics game hangs
7. HP 4FA47UA#ABA Stream 14 Inch
- Office 365 personal for one year: get full access to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote,...
- Processor: intel(r) celeron(r) N4000 Processor, dual-core, 1.1GHz up to 2.6GHz.
- Display: 14.0-Inch diagonal HD SVA bright View WLED-backlit Display (1366 x 768).
HP 4FA47UA#ABA is an entry-level laptop with Intel UHD Graphics 600 which is capable of running old games such as vice city, Warcraft, call of duty, v-cop and many more. We also tested it with a classic counter strike and to our surprise, it runs smoothly.
Heavy multitasking should be avoided while playing games as it can hang your laptop. The Intel Celeron N4000 process is not able to handle heavy multitasking. But in isolation with no other app open, you can play any modern PC games.
Just make sure your graphics settings are at low and put it on battery saver mode. This HP machine is operated on Windows 10.
We did not like its limited storage capacity of 64 GB as most of it will be consumed by Windows only. You will have to store your game son another external hard-disk. The modest 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM will boost its performance when apps are opened in isolation mode (run only 1 app).
- Very good for basic use
- Beautiful design
- Rich color display
- Value for money
- Slow while multitasking
- Low storage capacity
8) ASUS HM-X541NA-PD1003Y-V1 2017 VivoBook 15.6 Inch
- 1 USB Type-C, 1 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0, HDMI, Headphone output/Microphone input combo, LAN (10/100), VGA...
- Built-in high-speed wireless LAN, Integrated webcam, SD card reader, Built-in stereo speakers with...
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Chocolate black Color, 3-cell lithium-ion Battery; Color: Chocolate Black
Gaming laptops of Asus provide top-notch experience due to its rigid built-in quality. Not all of them are priced at $1000. We looked through more than 20 Asus notebooks before including ASUS HM-X541NA-PD1003Y-V1 on our list.
It is 2017 release high-performance laptops that are widely used for basic multitasking purposes. Among students, this ASUS model is quite popular due to its low cost. It becomes affordable for a student and can be bought with the company’s warranty.
It has a 15.6-inch display screen that will improve your gaming experience. The chipset is built on 64 bits capable of running all types of applications. RAM hungry browsers such as Google Chrome do hang sometimes when you open more than 20 windows at the same time. Otherwise, it works smoothly without any problem.
You can use this machine for LAN gaming because it features high-quality LAN Port. The integrated webcam is a bonus for this low price laptop.
Like other budget-friendly laptops, ASUS HM-X541NA-PD1003Y-V1 outer body is also built with sturdy plastic. The use of thermostat plastic reduces production costs. The best part is that this ASUS machine comes with expandable RAM slots. You can expand it up to 16 GB which is an insane amount of RAM for basic gameplay.
- A high-performance laptop that doesn’t cost you much
- Ample amount of storage capacity
- Spacious Keyboard
- Large display
- Good connectivity options
- Slow at times
- Speaker quality
- Not so good battery life
No matter who you are a software engineer, web designer, business professional, marketing expert, or a student, we all love playing games on our laptop to relax or pass some time.
Buying a budget laptop does come with limitations but that should bot stop you from having fun playing PC games. Just make sure to check the hardware and software requirements of the game before you install it on your laptop.
That’s all about affordable laptops for gaming. The $300 price range is highly suitable for students or people who are sort of money. All of them are customizable and can be upgraded in the future. Read more unbiased and affordable laptop buying suggestions and let us know if you want us to review any.