Some editing tasks will require more power and demand high-performance from your laptop. To trim small clips, or to work on a Full HD or 4K video you need high-end laptops. In this review, we curated a list of excellent video editing laptops under $1000.
From creating special effects to raw crafted video for your YouTube Channel or for other content Sharing platforms, you can use the fast processing and excellent graphic support featured in the best laptops that can be yours for less than 1000 dollars.
Finding the best video editing laptop is very essential if you are someone who moves around a lot and edits their content on the go.
In this laptop buying guide, you are going to find some of the best machines that can work flawlessly on high-definition and Ultra HD (4K) content. Keeping an eye on the budget, let’s check what are the best laptops for video editing work in 2020.
- 1 Features That Support Easy Video Editing
- 2 Best Video Editing Laptops Under 1000 Dollars
- 2.1 1) Acer Aspire E5-576G-81GD Review – Budget Laptop For Video Editing
- 2.2 2) ASUS ZenBook 13 UX333FA-AB77 Review – Ultra-Slim Durable Laptop
- 2.3 3) Dell G5 Series 15.6″ FHD – Best Graphics
- 2.4 4) Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51-78NP Review – Best For Gaming & Editing Work
- 2.5 5) HP ENVY 13 Inch 4K Touchscreeen Thin Laptop w/ Fingerprint Reader
- 2.6 6) Dell Inspiron 15.6-inch 7000 Full HD Video Editing Laptop
- 2.7 7) Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Review – Best Portability
- 2.8 8) Apple MacBook Air Z0UU3LL/A Laptop
- 2.9 9) ASUS VivoBook S510UA-DS71 Review – Ultra Thin and Portable Laptop
- 2.10 10) Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 FHD Touchscreen Laptop with Fingerprint Reader
- 3 Which Video Editing Software Will Support Them All?
- 4 Wrap Up:
Features That Support Easy Video Editing
Your laptops processor, graphics card, cooling unit, display unit, operating system (OS), and SMPS are some of the essential specs that make sure that you can install and run free and pro video editing software.
Here some of the pro and paid video editing software which might want to use
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Adobe Premiere Elements 2019
- Final Cut Pro X
- Corel VideoStudio Ultimate 2019
- Adobe Premiere Rush
- Pinnacle Studio 22
- CyberLink PowerDirector 17 Ultra
Here are some of the Free video editing software.
- DaVinci Resolve
- Apple iMovie
- Hitfilm Express
What You Can Get Under 1000 Dollar Laptop
Most demanding video editing software requires you to have at least these below specs in your laptop:
- Processor: Multi-core Intel i5/i7/i9 models (i9 is best). Preferably 4 or more processor cores.
- Memory/RAM: Ideally at least 16GB, however 8-32 GB RAM or as much as you can afford
- Graphics card: Minimum 2GB (from AMD or NVIDIA at least) or Rest Depends on video editing software you are going to use.
- Storage: Prefer SSD over HDD because SSD is the fastest. At least 256 GB hard drive and 7200 RPM. Buy as much and as larger you can afford, you can always add external hard drives.
- Operating System: Windows 7 (64-bit edition), Mac OS X, Linux (Your OS will likely determine the editing software or its version you go with)
- Firewire or Thunderbolt Port built-in or as an external dock
- Good size screen – 13-21 inch (minimum)
Best Video Editing Laptops Under 1000 Dollars
Here are some of the great and affordable laptops which will help you Install and Run high-end video editing software without lagging or hanging in the middle of your work
1) Acer Aspire E5-576G-81GD Review – Budget Laptop For Video Editing
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U Processor (Up to 4.0GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit IPS Display
- 8GB Dual Channel Memory & 256GB SSD. Adapter: 65 Watts
Acer is one of the leading brands in the computer industry and they are widely popular for making cheap and inexpensive laptops.
If you are a pro-Youtuber, or someone whose livelihood depends upon your video editing skills then buying Acer Aspire E5-576G-81GD will be a wise decision.
This Acer E15 series comes with all the essential features which a good video editing laptop should have. With intel 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U and GeForce MX150 and 256GB SSD storage, this laptop is going to fulfill all the demands of a high-end video editing software.
Thanks to its Full HD 15.6″ (1920 X 1080) widescreen with LED-IPS display technology, you can see all the details in clarity.
NVIDIA GeForce MX150 with 2 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM will allow you to edit 4K content without compromising the image quality.
2) ASUS ZenBook 13 UX333FA-AB77 Review – Ultra-Slim Durable Laptop
- Powerful & fast for effortless on-the-go computing: 8th generation Intel Core i7-8565U processor,...
- Durable & reliable: meets the ultra-demanding MIL-STD-810G military standard for reliability and...
- Long battery life: powered by a high-capacity battery that won’t let you down
Video editing is fun when it is backed by supercomputer hardware and a fast storage system. The All-new ASUS ZenBook is an Ultra-slim laptop best for video editing or gameplay.
Packed with 7th Gen Intel i7-8565U processor, 512GB PCIe SSD drive combined with 16 GB RAM, and super-fast processing speed up to 4.6 GHz, your movie editing software will fly on the go.
It comes pre-installed Windows 10 Pro which gives you the ultimate freedom to install and run most of the Windows OS supporting software. Thanks to the 13.3″ Full HD wide-view screen, you will be able to see every detail of your movie or recording while doing the editing work.
Don’t let the Ultra-Slim body of this great laptop full you about its rigidness. ZenBook 13 meets the High-demanding MIL-STD-810G military standard safety and rigidness for reliability and durability.
You can operate or do your work on a portable computing machine even on extreme altitudes, temperature, and humidity.
3) Dell G5 Series 15.6″ FHD – Best Graphics
- 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB...
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8300H Processor (Quad-Core, 8MB Cache, up to 4.0GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
- 128GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive + 1TB 5400RPM 2.5" SATA Hard Drive,8GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM
When you are out to buy a video editing laptop for under $500 then sometimes it becomes hard to find all the hardware specs you need under one machine. But don’t worry, the latest Dell G5 series has taken care of price vs features demands.
You will able to see the entire editing panel on a large 15.6-inch Full HD (1920 X 1080) IPS laptop screen. Thanks to its Anti-Glare LED-Backlit display you can now edit your videos in bright daylight.
This Dell laptop features a super-fast 4.0GHz high-speed 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8300H processor divided in quad-core to give you lag-free computing experience.
This 8 MB Cache processor combined with the high-performance NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4GN GDDR5 graphics memory cars. Both of them will make sure no matter how big your video editing software is, it will not lag at all.
This latest machine is built for gamers, however, both high-end gameplay and video editing software demand good computer specs and this DELL G5 series delivers it all.
4) Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51-78NP Review – Best For Gaming & Editing Work
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 4.1GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Overclockable Graphics with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 300nit...
Helios 300 is suitable for Youtubers who love playing video games and want to start their own channels. With this powerful laptop, you will be able to install or run all the high-end video editing software and computer games.
It features a 144Hz Refresh Rate, 300nit brightness, 72% NTSC, and Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution screen. It comes handy when you are editing 4K videos or want to record your laptop screen while playing video games.
Software such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe editors will require your machine to have a good graphics card in order to give you a smooth operation. Acer Predator Helios 300 is equipped with 6 GB Dedicated GDDR5 VRAM NVIDIA GeForce GT 1060 graphics card.
You can enjoy your non-stop video editing gigs, all thanks to its long 7 hours of battery life.
5) HP ENVY 13 Inch 4K Touchscreeen Thin Laptop w/ Fingerprint Reader
- Cutting-edge security: State-of-the-art security features include webcam kill switch and integrated...
- 4K display: 13.3-inch diagonal 4K IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit touchscreen with durable protective...
- Bios recovery and protection: Automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against...
Protect your work with the latest Fingerprint Reader provided in this high-performance laptop by HP. ENVY 13 inch also features a 4K touchscreen that allows you to crop, color, or adit your videos in more creative ways.
If you are always worried about your content or data stored in your machine then HP ENVY 13 is the best choice, because of its state-of-the-art BIOS recovery and Protection system.
It automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures your local files such as your recent edited videos from the boot-up itself.
HP 13-AQ0044NR has up to 12 hours and 45 minutes of battery life in general and up to 9 hours and 45 minutes of battery life (video playback). Video editing is a time-consuming process and to support that it is essential to have long battery life.
6) Dell Inspiron 15.6-inch 7000 Full HD Video Editing Laptop
Engage in the epic video editing process with speedy support and powerful graphics of this Dell video editing laptop. It features NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 graphics card for high-end resolution needs.
Packed with Quad Core i5-7300HQ Intel processor that has 2.5GHz processing speed on optimal use, and to get more power you can boost it up to 3.5GHz of processing speed.
To give you more power and wings to your creativity, This Dell laptop features an 8GB DDR4 Memory along with 256GB of NVMe PCIe Solid State Drive (SSD) to run some of the high-performance video editings software so that you don’t lack behind of any other creator.
Apart from decent size SSD, it also features 1TB HDD (Hard Drive) to store as many videos, music, or other data you want.
Professional video editors know that after a couple of hours your laptop may heat up and needs cooling. Thanks to its dual cooling fans, this Dell Inspiron does not heat quickly and you can keep editing your videos for hours without worrying about heating.
7) Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Review – Best Portability
- A best in class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet
- More power now with the new 8th Generation Intel Core processor
- Ultra slim and light, starting at just 1.7 pounds. Sensors : Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer,...
If you love Microsoft Surface Pro 4 then you are going to like Pro 6 Even more because it has better design, improved hardware, and sold at similarly affordable prices.
Thanks to its advanced battery technology, Microsoft Surface Pro 6 has 13.5 hours of video playback battery life. This means you will be able to run your video editing software for hours on this convertible laptop.
Ultra-slim and lightweight design packed with 8th Generation Intel Processor, it is one of the high-end video editing tablet cum laptop.
With the help of a built-in Kickstand, Microsoft own’s Signature Type Cover will make the Surface Pro 6 into a fully working computer system.
For creators, its studio mode is the best way to use Microsoft Surface. As you can lower the Kickstand for the perfect 15-degree angle which is considered to be best for editing, writing, and drawing using the Surface Pen.
You install and run most of the high-end video editing software to work on your YouTube videos or on your home production editing using all the tools of Microsoft Surface 6.
8) Apple MacBook Air Z0UU3LL/A Laptop
- 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 Processor
- Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz
- 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 memory
I’m personally suggesting this Apple laptop because of iMovie. If you are someone who is just starting his/her carrier in movie making, theater, content creator for YouTube then iMovie will be a good way to start.
Apple MacBook Air comes with a bright screen powered by a dual-core Intel i7 processor. You will get Mac OS High Sierra pre-installed which runs smoothly without lagging or freezing your machine.
Thanks to the 4K UHD screen, you will be able to edit 4K videos and other common formats such as AVI, MOV, MP4, MKV, AVCHD, FLV, and SWF.
With the Integrated Intel HD 6000 Graphics cards, editing will be smooth and all of your software will run flawlessly on this Apple OS.
However, the only downside about this compact laptop is its storage capacity. It features 128GB SSD where the OS and all your files will be stored. So, if you are a professional and need to edit multiple high-end videos, then consider buying an external storage device to store your final video drafts.
9) ASUS VivoBook S510UA-DS71 Review – Ultra Thin and Portable Laptop
- 15.6” FHD (1920 x 1080) WideView color rich display;Webcam : VGA Camera
- High performance 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD storage combo; 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Slim 14.2” wide, 0.7” thin; 0.3” ASUS NanoEdge bezel with 80% screen to body ratio
Your video editing laptop just became better, thanks to the ultra-narrow 0.3″ NanoEdge bezel that gives an incredible 80% screen-to-body ratio. As a result, this all-new ASUS VivoBook S510UA fits a regular Full HD 15.6″ display into a typical 14-inch screen frame.
ASUS VivoBook S510UA is powered by a Powerful Intel Core i7-8550U processor and 8GB DDR4 RAM to deliver the ultimate computing performance under a budget. While using any professional video editing software, this laptop will not hang, or flicker.
Equipped with Ultra-fast dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, which can handle speed up to 867Mbps – you will be able to upload a video to YouTube in a matter of seconds.
ASUS VivoBook S510UA is everything you need for performance on-the-go, which makes it the best video editing laptop available in the market under 1000 dollars. And during offers or Christmas discounts, you can get it under $800.
This compact video editing laptop combines the best of both worlds when it comes to storage. It features the blistering transfer speed of an SSD(128 GB) and gives you huge storage space for your videos with 1TB HDD.
This ASUS laptop has 15.6″ FHD (1920 X 1080) – Full HD WideView color-rich display screen along with the high-performance processor, graphics cars, and SSD – Making it ideal for video editing, gaming, and professional uses.
10) Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 FHD Touchscreen Laptop with Fingerprint Reader
- 14.0" Touchscreen LED-backlit IPS Full HD (1920 x 1080) Display, Intel Core i5-8265U Processor at...
- 8GB DDR4 (4-DIMM) 2400MHz RAM, 512GB NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive, Integrated Intel UHD 615 Graphics
- Backlit Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader, 2-in-1, Integrated 720p Webcam, 2x 2W Speakers
The all-new Lenovo Flex14 is an excellent compact laptop that is perfect for Youtube video editing work. It is flexible, compact, and portable which makes it easy for you to instantly load your video from your Vlog Camera to your laptop and start editing it on the go.
Though it is a mini laptop, Flex 14 is power-packed with Intel Core i5-8265U Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, and Integrated Intel UHD 615 Graphics.
It has an all-day battery backup and the flexibility to be used as a laptop, tablet, and base-board for editing videos through its 14-inch FHD touchscreen.
Secured with Fingerprint reader and TrueBlock Privacy Shutter to physically close your webcam whenever you are not using it.
Its 8 hours of battery life gives freedom from power reliability to any content creator. So no matter where you are or if you are running low on power, simply plug it to any standard pin and recharge up to 80% in just one hour with it Rapid Charge Technology.
Which Video Editing Software Will Support Them All?
Now you know which is the best laptops under 1000 dollars for video editing, but which software will support them all or at least most of them?
I personally use and like Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X9 (Old Version 2017 & 2018). It is lightweight and able to even edit 4K videos smoothly without crashing my laptop.
After using this software for more than 2 years in a row on my Macbook AIR(old version) which is one of the least feature-rich laptops in this review, I can say that you won’t find any difficulty installing and running Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X9 if you buy the affordable video-editing laptops from our list.
If you are wondering will you able to install all the necessary software on the above laptops, you can. All the above high-performance laptops are equipped with the latest hardware and will make your editing job easier.
The best video editing laptops are often found among good gaming laptops because of high-end graphic cards, excellent display, and powerful processors.
Video editing takes up a lot of memory, that is why we have included a system which offers 8GB or more RAM. And having a 64-bit operating system will allow smooth functioning of your editing software.
As you will be looking at the screen most of the time, we made sure that all the laptops have Full HD display and supports multiple screens to produce crisp images and has accurate color rendering.